Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple is the second-best fictional detective ever. Here’s a list of reasons why.
1. Well, she can’t be the best fictional detective ever because Sherlock Holmes.
2. She’s a spinster who enjoys crocheting and making her own brandy.
3. She can solve a crime without dropping a row in her crocheting.
4. Miss Marple might look harmless, but Scotland Yard considers her an “avenging fury.”
5. People tell her all sorts of things they won’t tell the police or a male detective, because she’s a fluffy little old lady.
6. She’s always quick to credit her crime-solving to others, even though she really doesn’t have any reason to be modest, because she’s a genius.
7. If you’re thinking of committing a crime, you can count on her to talk you out of it without snitching to anyone else.
8. Did I mention she makes her own brandy?
9. She’s nice to everybody, except murderers.
10. Sometimes, she’s known as “Nemesis.” Because she is Bad. Ass.