We all know I currently have the good taste to obsess over Sherlock Holmes himself, Mr. Benedict Cumberbatch. But the truth is: I haven’t always had good taste. Some of my celebrity crushes are … a bit embarrassing in retrospect. But because my humiliation is your entertainment, here’s a list of celebrities I used to adore!
1. Thriller-era Michael Jackson. I’m specifying the era here because at this point, his skin was still kind of dark, his nose hadn’t completely come off and there were no creepy child molestation allegations popping up yet.
2.Rick Astley. It’s true. I was Rickrolled. (Is that even a thing anymore?)
3. Joey from the New Kids on the Block. Happily, I got over it, and did not attend any of their reunion concerts.
4. Balthazar Getty. He was soooo cute in Young Guns 2!
5. Emilio Estevez. He was soooo cute in Young Guns 2!
6. Stephen Baldwin. I think. Anyway, whichever Baldwin brother was in that short-lived TV show about the Pony Express.
7. Christian Slater. It was so bad, I even watched that terrible skateboarding movie he was in.
8.Kiefer Sutherland. This one isn’t that embarrassing, because Mr. Sutherland is still pretty awesome, though not as awesome as his dad.
9. Remington Steele. Er, I mean, Pierce Brosnan?
10. Nelson. I loved them for their long blonde hair, I guess.